Tax Help is a free service providing assistance to complete yearly tax returns for people on low incomes.
Qualified volunteers trained by the Australian Taxation Office are available from July until the end of October at Woodbine Neighbourhood Centre
TAX HELP ELIGIBILITY…….Is your income around $50,000 or less! During the financial year, did you:
Run your own business
- Operate under a labour hire agreement- quoting your ABN
- Receive any royalties
- Receive income from either a public unit trust or a public trading trust
- Own or share ownership in a rental property
- Make a capital gain or capital loss by selling shares or other capital assets
If you answer YES to all of the questions then refer to ATO Info-line132861 for more information.
If you answer NO - Tax Help can help you complete your current tax return.
To prepare your tax return, you must bring the following information (where applicable) to your appointment.
- your tax file number
- your BSB and bank account details
- your original or amended notice of assessment with a date of issue
- your Medicare Card or number
- your private health insurance statements showing your fund details
- all your statements from banks and financial institutions showing interest you have received during the income year
- all your PAYG payment summaries from your employer(s)
- all your statements from Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs (including details of any tax-free pensions or benefits)
- all your payment summaries from super funds
- all your dividend, super and managed fund statements
- all your foreign income details and pension statements, or details of the amounts received
- all your employment termination payment summaries
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- your details of child support payments made
- your details of any losses on investments in shares and rental properties (net investment losses)If you had a spouse – married or de-facto – at anytime during the financial year: you also need to bring to your appointment details of their taxable income, including any of their documents. We will need this information to complete certain labels on your income tax return. If you cannot find out your spouses exact taxable income, the Tax-Help Volunteer will help you make a reasonable estimate